What makes you different?

Well,  let me start with my story. I am 20 years old and I love eating chocolates.  I like playing basket ball though I had never been selected for school team. I dance at every occasions yet I have never received any title of being a good dancer. And I am a girl who loves eating a lot but is a bad cook. So now you might have realized how  untalented this lady is. That’s exactly what hunted me and woke me up at 2 am  .
Then I thought that I was different.  I am untalented.  So what should I do to make myself special? What should I do not to waste my time? What should I do, so that someone can look at me and say, “Because of you, I didn’t give up” Then I decided that I should be someone I can appreciate and be someone to whom I can look directly into mirror and say “Yes this is me”.
The very next morning, I asked some of my friends what makes them different? Some said she is a good listener and that she  filters every word before she speaks out. Some said she had  great cooking skills. To my surprise, most of them talked about things that makes them uneasy such as one of my friend said she is blunt; she speaks out whatever that comes to her mind and regrets  later for speaking those words. Another friend of mine told me that she is fat, short and often get embarrassed in front of crowd. Then I realized that’s what makes them special. Everyone here at least knows your existence. Your family and friends love and care you despite your flaws. Isn’t that enough?
Being different is not a bad thing at all. It is what defines you more as an individual. For instance alien, did any one of you see alien? No, right? Neither did I. We do not know how exactly they look like nor do we know from which planet are they from. Yet everyone knows what they are. Why? Is it because they are pretty to look at or is it because they have some special talent like dancing or singing. It’s a big No because even in television I have not seen an alien with beautiful face.  We know them because they are different and belongs to different species entirely different from the human race.  So the difference is what makes you different and special.
Now I want all of you to jot down, what makes you different? With this difference, feel blessed even if you have no special talent because that’s what makes “you”. You do not need to be like somebody, be yourself and be the first “Tshewang Pelden”.  Do not say you are like Gigi Hadid, say you are more of you. She is a great model and you cannot be her because you are not her, you have different name and more importantly a different life. So being different is just a blessing in disguise and please do not give up on yourself. You are an extraordinary human and a very special soul.
                                 SO BE YOU.
                               

Comments